01. How do I use Map View shortcode to show the nearest event site to my website visitors?
First, you need to enable Geolocation feature in Map View shortcode. Then, on the front-end of your website, where you have placed the map shortcode, the end-users should be allowed access to the event location on their browser. Further information is available at: https://www.webnus.net/dox/modern-events-calendar/map-view-skin
02. I’ve used Masonry View skin and noticed that items are displayed differently and not in a straight line. Any ideas?
That is just the characteristic feature of all masonry skins. Kindly check this That is just the characteristic feature of all masonry skins. Kindly check this link out. However, we do have a feature that allows you to convert Masonry view to Grid view.
03. How do I show expired/past events in shortcodes?
Go to shortcodes display settings and in the edit page, select the start date. Then proceed to the filter options on the shortcodes making page. You can also use the detailed information provided at this link: https://www.webnus.net/dox/modern-events-calendar/setup-date-option-on-shortcodes
04. The calendar doesn’t allow Navigating between months in Monthly View. How to fix this issue?
This shows that there could be a conflict of some sort with other plugins or themes. Deactivate all plugins and set your theme on default. Reload the page. Then proceed to first, activating the theme and then the plugins one at a time to see which one has caused the conflict.
05. The countdown clock in Countdown View skin doesn’t work. How to Fix this issue?
This shows that there could be a conflict of some sort with other plugins or themes. Deactivate all plugins and set your theme on default. Reload the page. Then proceed to first, activating themes and then the plugins one at a time to see which one has caused the conflict.
06. How can I change the speed (increase or decrease the display time for each event) in Slider and Carousel View?
For changing the speed of the skin please head over to the back-end page of the said skin shortcode and under the Display Setting section, change the AutoPlay Time.
07. How do I set up the search bar in shortcodes?
You can find and set it up from MEC Settings > Search Bar. For more details please follow this link: https://www.webnus.net/dox/modern-events-calendar/search-bar/
Make sure to activate the items one at a time.
08. How do I set up Clean style for the daily events in a week in Timetable skin?
In Timetable skin, rows are created according to your scheduling events. Having said that, you can navigate to the Display options section of the said shortcode and set the Number of Days to 5, 6 or 7. You can find more information on this at: https://www.webnus.net/dox/modern-events-calendar/timetable-view-skin
09. My featured images in Grid View skin appear to be and blurry and low-quality. How do I increase the size of the images?
We resize images in shortcodes to help speed up your website’s loading time. However, if you wish to customize the image size, kindly follow the step by step instruction at the link below: https://www.webnus.net/dox/modern-events-calendar/image-size-in-shortcodes
10. I’ve added the shortcodes to my page but they all display the “No Events Found” message. Any ideas as to what might have caused the issue?
To find out the cause, kindly read the below link carefully and follow the instructions: https://www.webnus.net/dox/modern-events-calendar/no-event-found
11. How come it keeps showing the first date of a recurring event when I click on a particular event from the shortcode?
This issue has already been discussed. You can find the question and the solution provided by our support team at the link below: https://www.webnus.net/dox/modern-events-calendar/date-method
Basically, you need to adjust the date method settings in the single event page. Kindly follow the link provided below: https://www.webnus.net/dox/modern-events-calendar/event-detailssingle-event-page
12. The Carousel and Slider shortcodes aren’t working. Is there an issue with MEC plugin?
No. As a matter of fact, so far you’re the only one reporting this issue. To troubleshoot, kindly deactivate all plugins and set your theme on the default WordPress theme. Reload the page. Then proceed to first, activating the theme and then the plugins one at a time. Probably one of your plugins or themes is causing a conflict. Please report back to us the results for a closer look.
13. The edit shortcode page isn’t working for me. What could be causing this problem?
14. How do I exclude a particular day from a repeating event?
Kindly follow the link provided below. Exceptional Days Option does this for you. https://www.webnus.net/dox/modern-events-calendar/exceptional-days
15. Is it possible to have repeating in the same day?
What we recommend is this:
When creating the ticket for your event, in single event backend page, from the booking options, use the sell all occurrences by one booking. Further information can be found in the link below:
If you have more questions that couldn’t find here then please feel free to contact us.