WordPress Widgets add content and feature to your sidebars and footer. Examples are the default widgets that come with WordPress such as post categories, tag clouds, navigation, search, etc. Widgets require no experience or expertise in coding. They can be added, removed, and rearranged on the WordPress Administration Appearance > Widgets panel. Plugins will often add their own widgets.
How to use widgets:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Choose a Widget and drag it to the sidebar where you want it to appear.
- Once you drop the widget in widget areas, WordPress automatically updates the theme and it will appear in its area.
- Preview the site and look for where you dropped your sidebar. For example if you used “archive widget area” you should look for it in archive loop.
- Return to the Widgets Panel to continue adding Widgets. Blogit has 6 custom widgets as shown below.
- To arrange the Widgets within the sidebar or widget area, click and drag it into place.
- To customize widget features, click the down arrow in the upper right corner to expand the widget’s interface.
- To save the widget’s customization, click Save.
- To remove the Widget, click Remove or Delete.
December 5, 2021
Elementor Full Size Edit
December 4, 2021
How to create a menu with header builder
December 30, 2019